26 May Antenna Engineer
Join the antenna revolution
Ignion is looking for an Antenna Engineer to help our clients to make the world a smarter place through the power of IoT.
Interest in knowing more?
How you can contribute
Ignion is looking for a full time Antenna Engineer with a technical background and the innovation skills to be part of the Engineering department adapting our own technology into customers’ devices. You should have proven abilities to communicate with engineers worldwide, be agile and adaptable.
Multitasking and entrepreneurial attitude are key skills to contribute to the growth and expansion of the company. We are looking for a candidate strongly committed to learn, develop new technical abilities and teamwork oriented. The candidate needs to be organized and self- responsible to manage the assigned projects.
TECHNICAL SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Antenna engineer with 2-5 years of industry experience in the field of antenna design (preferably for IoT devices).
- Experienced in radiofrequency design & electronics for IoT devices.
- Familiarized with antenna design challenges for the existing IoT market segments: Smart meter, trackers, wearables, smart home/city, etc…
- Knowledge of the most relevant wireless communications systems in the IoT ecosystem: LTE, LTE CAT-M, NB-IoT, Lora, Sigfox, Sidewalk, Zigbee, WiSun, 4G, 5G, Bluetooth, WiFi, GNSS
- Good understanding and insight on the physical behavior of antennas and microwave networks and systems.
- Proven results supporting customers during the integration of antennas in devices from the conception phase to mass production.
- High capability of fully understanding the customers’ needs and requirements to properly orient them to the most appropriate Virtual Antenna™ product capable of meeting their expectations.
- Ability to manage and assume ownership of several IoT projects at the same time with good planification, execution, and delivery skills.
- Deep knowledge of electromagnetic and microwave simulators (CST, IE3D, HFSS, Microwave Office – Cadence, Optenni-Lab,…)
- Advanced user of measurement equipment: vector network analyzers, anechoic chambers, spectrum analyzers, field-testers, soldering stations.
- Experienced in PCB design tools (Altium, OrCAD, KiCAD, AutoCAD, etc…).
- Highly motivated, goal oriented, and enthusiastic for new challenges.
- Willing to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Capable of working independently with minimum oversee having critical thinking and problem-solving approach.
- Patient, optimistic, methodical, and meticulous attitude.
- Ability to interact and communicate fluently with other team members.
- Proficiency in English.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE TEAM
- Full time Antenna Engineer for the Engineering Department to be involved in IoT projects supporting our customers in the design of their IoT devices embedding our Virtual Antenna™ technology.
- Provide support in all the stages of the design cycle, from simulation to prototyping until mass production, providing appropriate recommendations as for ensuring the success of any IoT development.
- Execution of NN-S-1.0, NN-S-2.0, NN-S-2.1, NN-S-2.2, NN-S-3.0 antenna integration services. From initial simulations in bare PCBs going through the revision of the design files (gerber, steps, etc..) to more complex simulations including complete device. All together with a performance test in real devices including passive and active antenna measurements, as well as support in the pre-certification and certification stages.
- Review project specs and needs ensuring the best solution available to meet the customer expectations.
- Secure project deadlines and goals.
- Interaction with internal/external customers and partners.
- Participation in the optimization of the design procedures for embedding Virtual Antenna™ into IoT devices.
- Design and integrate Virtual Antenna™ products in any wireless applications (smart meters, trackers, IOT gateways, wearables).
- Simulate with electromagnetic CAD tools the total or several parts of an antenna radiating system (radiating structure, feeding and matching networks).
- Design simple and complex matching network solutions in both, active and passive systems, to easily adjust the antenna performance in the final device.
- Build and experimentally adjust design prototypes.
- Test antenna prototypes or products in all their main features ([S] parameters, radiation pattern, antenna and radiation efficiency, polarization, gain, directivity, TRP, TIS, etc…).
- Adjust the design of the antenna to fulfill the specifications. To experimentally adjust industrial prototypes before the start of the mass production.
- Analysis, interpretation, reporting, and presentation of the project results.
- Periodic reporting to the manager of the assigned activities.
- Identify bottlenecks and propose mitigation plans.
- Training and coordination activities of other team members.
- Creation and presentation of technical and customer reports. Participation in Virtual Antenna™ new product design, controlling plan, processes, and fabrication methods.
- Participation in Engineering & R&D projects developing further limits of Virtual Antenna™.
To apply for this job please visit ignion.factorialhr.es.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.